- MA in Music and Sonic Media (1st Class)
- BA (Hons) Professional Musicianship/Songwriting
- Full enhanced DBS
- Musicians Union Member
- 15 years of industry experience as a singer/songwriter, performer and music producer.
- 6 years experience working at local Music Academy BIMM in the admissions team as an experience manager, this means I can also support you with auditions, application processes and UCAS!
- 3+ years of private teaching experience.
Instruments / Specialities
- Songwriting / Artist Development / Mentorship
- Introduction to Music Production
My name is Ricky, I carry my passion and enjoyment of music into my teaching style. I bring a light, fun and informal approach to my sessions. Whether you’re just starting out or you are just looking to revisit things you haven’t visited for a while and you think you might like to work with me as a tutor, then I would love to hear from you!
Our sessions together will be all about you as the learner with personalised and adaptable lesson content – allowing you to express yourself and develop your skills in a safe and comfortable space.
As a tutor I teach music 1-2-1 or in small groups across all ages both in-person and online. As you’ll note from my instrument knowledge and specialities, I offer tuition on a range of areas including, but not limited to;
- Songwriting / Artist Development – guidance to help develop your artistry and musical identity.
- Recording and Mixing in Logic Pro X – an introduction to recording and mixing your songs using Logic Pro X to create your own releasable material.
- Guitar lessons for beginners – an introduction for those picking up a guitar for the first time.
- 30 minutes: £22.00
- 60 minutes: £35.00
Contact me for a free consultation using the Contact link above!
“I decided I wanted to improve on my guitar skills as only learning the basics years ago. Ricky was so great as easing me in gently to what I thought would be really hard to understand! He made learning the theory of guitar really simple by leaving out things I didn’t need to know right now and focusing on what’s important to remember. This was honestly the best way for me to learn and remember everything after each lesson. I’m now having lessons on songwriting with Ricky. I really look forward to them and feel at ease letting myself open up creatively with him.
If you want a music teacher who takes his time with your learning and adapts to what you need then I would really recommend going with Ricky. He makes it fun, interesting and easy to understand. Thanks so much Rick!”
Eberhardt, K., Cornwall